Day 1 – October 5
09:30am: Doors Open & Welcome, coffee
10:00am: Intro and talks
12:00pm: Lunch served and Teams Organised
1:00pm: Data Science Hackathon Begins
7:00pm: Dinner served
Continue all night hacking at the venue, sleep at the venue or go home and come back next day
Day 2 – October 6
08:00am: Breakfast served
12:30pm: Lunch served
1:00pm: Data Science Hackathon Ends. Submit your project to firstname.lastname@example.org
2:00pm: Presentations begin
4:00pm: Winners Announced and Prizes awarded
1. Hack in teams: Organise a team with 2 to 5 people.
2. Team Diversity: We encourage teams that promote diversity, gender equality, and have members with different level of experience . Bring data scientists and developers together.
3. Team Name: choose a name for your team
4. Tools: We promote Open Source Tools. You can use any software tools (see “Ineligibility”)
5. Datasets: teams will have to use any or all of the datasets provided for the hack. You can use other external datasets as long as you use the ones provided.
6. Winners and Prizes
Prizes we’ll be awarded to those teams that submit the most innovative, unique, cool, or fun solutions according to a panel of judges
To claim prizes and be recognised as winners, the winning teams must grant an Apache License 2.0 to to the Intellectual Property behind the winning model, algorithm, code and data visualization
Winners will be interviewed and will write a short paper explaining their solution, code, algos, etc
Interviews and papers from the winners will be published in Data Science London websites.
7. Ineligibility: No remote teams are allowed to enter the competition. If you use proprietary code, or algorithms you will not be eligible as a winner
9. Team Endurance: You can sleep at the venue if you want. Those teams that stay at the venue during the whole hackathon will be rewarded
9. Have fun, share ideas, make new friends!
Please no recruiting, recruiting agencies or similar. No business developers, no salesmen, no business soliciting. No exception
Venue Opens: 9am on Saturday October 5
Please arrive to the venue no later than 10.30am on Saturday October 5
Location: Hub Westminster, 1st floor New Zealand House, 80 Haymarket, LondonSW1Y 4TE, UK
Please make sure you register in Evenbrite before you arrive to the venue. The registration desk should have your name in the list of participants; If you have not registered in Evenbrite you will not be in the list.
You can sleep at the venue or go home and come back next day.
Chill out, resting, dining, and sleeping areas available. You can bring your sleeping mattress/ bag too.
Shower facilities for men and women
Free quality meals (lunch/dinner/breakfast), unlimited drinks, coffee & snacks of all kinds.
12,000 sq ft of open, airy space
High-speed 100Mbps Internet, 12 super HS Wi-Fi routers
Great furniture, ergonomic chairs, and comfy sofas.
Please bring your own laptop and any tools you want.
The Hub Westminster
1st floor New Zealand House
80 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4TE, UK